I finished up the new Sunday course for October this morning. As I used the new template, I opted to call it course Z, rather than V2. I was after something with a similar shape but shorter. To refresh, here’s course V1…
… and here’s the new Z, fit for insertion into the premium.
I’m thinking that the start and finish area will be on the other side of that small gulley, as shown in this picture, which I will print for the field crew to use when laying out the course.
It accomplishes my goals—something between 700 and 750 yards, 100-yard run outs in both directions from the start, and turns in each direction. The real question, as always, is whether or not it achieves the Seeley stamp of approval.